Warning Signs That Your HVAC Needs Repair
Your HVAC system is a lot like a puppy. If you take good care of it and give it the love it needs, it’ll be your best friend and keep you cool through those hot summer months. Neglect your HVAC, though, and you’ll be left with a hot mess that’s in need of serious help. To ensure that you’re giving your system the TLC it needs, it’s important to understand what’s normal and what’s not normal. If you notice any of the following signs, it’s time to call a technician to have your air conditioning in Athens, GA, checked out.
- Your air conditioning unit has one job—to cool down your home. If no cool air is coming from your system, there’s something wrong. In some cases, it could be an indicator of a failed compressor. If your system is old, it may be time to replace the entire unit.
- Poor air flow is another indicator of an issue. In some cases, it could be due to an old or dirty air filter. But if you’ve swapped out your filter and are still noticing little to no air flow coming through your vents, it’s time to call a professional. The problem could be due to a failing compressor or a blockage in your vent system. No matter what the problem is, an expert can get things cleared up quickly.
- Your thermostat is the brain of your HVAC system. It sends instructions to the various parts of the appliances and turns them on when needed. If no communication is happening between your unit and thermostat, there’s an issue.
- It’s normal for some condensation to come through the hose of your appliance. It’s not normal to find puddles or pools surrounding the unit itself. In some cases, this leak could be refrigerant spilling from the system. This can pose a serious health issue to you and your family and should be repaired immediately.
- A low hum while operating is completely normal for an HVAC system. If you begin hearing squealing, grating, grinding, or whistling coming from your unit, there’s something wrong. While it could just be an indicator that a belt has slipped or that a metal component has come loose, it may also be the signs of a complete system breakdown.
Issues with your HVAC system can be caused by a number of different things. The only way to know what your unit needs is to hire a reliable air conditioning service in Athens, GA, as soon as you note any of the above signs. With the help of the right company, your HVAC will stay running for years to come.